With our focus on working adults, many of our students enroll through one of our partnership programs. The college has formal partnerships with military and veteran organizations, labor unions, other college institutions, associations and corporations.
Military and Veteran Educational Partnerships
- Air Force – As an approved school in the United States Air Force Academic Institution (AI) portal, Empire State College offers Air University-Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) programs, Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC) and non-AFSC-related associate and bachelor’s degree programs designed to meet the educational needs of airmen based on their military training and their educational goals. The college also participates in the Air Force General Education Mobile (GEM) program. For more information, go to the college's Air Force Distance Learning Program web page.
- Army – Empire State College is an active member of the United States Army’s GoArmyEd program offering undergraduate and graduate degrees to active-duty, reserve and National Guard soldiers. Visit the Go Army Ed web site.
- Coast Guard – Empire State College offers cutting-edge degree concentrations to meet the needs of Coast Guard members across the globe. For more information, go to the college's United State Coast Guard web page.
- Navy – Empire State College offers a wide range of degrees designed to meet the educational needs of sailors based on their military training. For more information, go to the college's Navy College Program web page. .
- U.S. Marine Corp – Marines can earn a degree with the flexibility they need to meet other family, work and community commitments in their lives. For more information, go to the college's Marine Corps web page.
In addition, SUNY Empire State College is a DOD MOU signatory and affirms and supports the principles and guidelines of the MOU.
For information about military and veteran education partnerships, please contact:
Director of Veteran Military Education
518-587-2100, ext. 2543
Labor Union Partnerships
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 3.
- United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters.
- United Federation of Teachers Paraprofessional Program.
- NYC District Council of Carpenters.
- International Association of Machinist and Aerospace Workers.
Unions that are interested in developing partnerships, please contact:
Program Development Coordinator
The Harry Van Arsdale Jr. Center for Labor Studies
Community College Partnerships
The Pathways Transfer Program is for community college students who have completed, or will complete, an associate degree (A.A., A.S. or A.A.S.) prior to enrolling at SUNY Empire State College. The program is designed to support student success by easing the transition from classroom-based learning at the community college to a flexible mix of independent study and online courses found at SUNY Empire State College. During the first year at SUNY Empire State College and with advisement from their faculty mentor, students can take additional courses back at their community college, beyond the associate degree, for a total of 79 transferable lower division credits.
At SUNY Empire State College, all new students are assigned a faculty mentor who will advise and work with them through completion of their degree program. With the guidance of a mentor, students develop a degree program that builds upon their associate degree while connecting their educational, career and personal goals.
State University of New York (SUNY):
- Adirondack Community College.
- Broome Community College.
- Cayuga Community College.
- Clinton Community College.
- Columbia-Greene Community College.
- Corning Community College.
- Dutchess Community College.
- Erie Community College.
- Finger Lakes Community College.
- Fulton-Montgomery Community College.
- Genesee Community College.
- Herkimer County Community College.
- Hudson Valley Community College.
- Jamestown Community College.
- Jefferson Community College.
- Mohawk Valley Community College.
- Monroe Community College.
- Nassau Community College.
- Niagara County Community College.
- North Country Community College.
- Onondaga Community College.
- Orange County Community College.
- Rockland Community College.
- Schenectady County Community College.
- Suffolk County Community College.
- Sullivan County Community College.
- Tompkins Cortland Community College.
- Ulster County Community College.
- Westchester Community College.
City University of New York (CUNY):
- Borough of Manhattan Community College.
- Bronx Community College.
- Guttman Community College.
- Hostos Community College.
- Kingsborough Community College.
- LaGuardia Community College.
- Queensborough Community College.
Other College Partners:
- Bergen CC (NJ)
- Brookdale CC (NJ)
- College of New Rochelle (Teach Out Program, NY)
- Community College of Vermont
- Cornell University
- Hillsborough CC (FL)
- Ivy Tech Community College (Ind.)
- Long Island Business Institute (New York)
- Maria College (Albany, NY )
- Maricopa County Community College District (AZ)
- Niagara College (Ontario, Canada)
- Ozarks Technical Community College (Springfield, Mo.)
- Pikes Peak Community College (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
- Samaritan Hospital (NY)
- SUNY College of Optometry (New York, N.Y.)
For more information, please contact Brian Goodale in the Office of Community College Partnerships at Brian.Goodale@esc.edu.
Corporate and Community Partnerships
Empire State College has partnered with many corporations, businesses, community organizations and associations to provide high-quality, affordable education to working adults. Please visit our Partnership Programs web page to learn about corporate and community partner benefits.
As a single-source solution for educational and training needs, the college offers its partners:
- High-quality academic programs.
- Affordable tuition.
- Flexible, convenient online and/or on-site study options, or blended programs.
- Faculty mentors with in-depth expertise in key industries.
For more information about SUNY Empire State College partnerships, please visit the college's Partnership Programs web page or contact:
Office of Corporate and Community Partnerships
518-587-2100, ext. 2851
or 800-847-3000, ext. 2851