Other Sources of Financial Aid

In addition to federal and state financial aid programs, there are several options available for students who qualify.

Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services

Persons with disabilities that are an impediment to employment may qualify for assistance through the Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR). Eligible students may receive tuition assistance or other support services when college study is leading to an employment goal. Interested students should contact the nearest ACCES-VR office. For more information about this service and a complete list of regional locations students should visit the New York State Education Department Adult Career and Continuing Ed Services web site.

Veterans Affairs Benefits (formerly Veterans Administration)

Veterans who attend SUNY Empire State College may be eligible for educational benefits provided they have entitlement remaining with Veterans Affairs. A nonmatriculated student may receive benefits for a maximum of two terms.

Veterans applying to the college should file their VA paperwork directly with the Office of the Registrar. The appropriate form may be printed from the VA website. Once the form is completed, it should be returned to
Office of the Registrar
SUNY Empire State College
111 West Ave.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866-6069

SUNY Empire State College Foundation Funds

The SUNY Empire State College Foundation was established in 1974. Its mission is to enhance the quality of the college by augmenting its financial resources. As a separate, not-for-profit, charitable organization, it enables the college to initiate and support programs which would not otherwise be funded. As part of its function, the foundation supports students at the college by providing interest-free loans, grants, fellowships, scholarships and other financial aid programs.

SUNY Empire State College Foundation scholarships are available to students as a result of the generosity of alumni, employees and friends who have chosen to recognize the value of education by establishing and contributing to scholarship funds.

SUNY Empire State College Foundation Scholarships and Grants

Scholarships may be awarded to students who have financial need, have earned at least 8 credits at SUNY Empire State College and who are in good academic standing. To be considered, students must first submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the upcoming year. Students should complete the FAFSA online.

In order to apply for an SUNY Empire State College Foundation scholarship, students must log in to the application portal at ESCFAST and submit an application. The application portal contains information on more than 100 scholarship opportunities, along with the instructions on how to apply for scholarship funding. Contact Scholarships@esc.edu with any questions on the application process.

Advance of Excess Financial Aid Options

SUNY Empire State College Foundation Loans

Interest-free loans of up to $500 may be available for students receiving financial aid while they are waiting for an award over payment. Loans are offered to students who have financial aid in excess of the cost of tuition and fees and will be disbursed no earlier than one month prior to the start of the term. Loans are granted for expenses directly related to college study. Contact the Student Information Center at 800-847-3000, ext. 2285 for further information.

To Find Out More

Our Student Information Center and Financial Aid staff members are available to give more detailed information and advice by phone, by mail or in person.

For further financial aid information contact:
Financial Aid
SUNY Empire State College
111 West Ave.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866-6069
800-847-3000, ext. 2285 or visit the Financial Aid web site website or email FinancialAid@esc.edu.

For assistance in completing the federal application, call 800-4FED-AID.

There are many private scholarships and grants available to students who meet specific criteria. Check the reference section of your local public library or use a web-based search site linked from the college's Financial Aid web site for this information.