Cultural Studies - Religious Studies Concentration - For Students Matriculated Before July 1, 2006
Feb. 1 1993 — AOS Guidelines: Cultural Studies
Concentration: Religious Studies
The field of religious studies encompasses a variety of histories, issues and questions. Concentrations should include perspectives and approaches to religious thought and activity including:
- Religion as a discipline.
- Textual criticism and analysis.
- Historical and social-science methods.
Concentrations in religious studies should include studies leading to an understanding of:
- The phenomenon of religion as an aspect of human experience.
- Recurring religious themes, patterns and structures.
- The different perspectives of the nature of religious study.
- The major religious traditions and religious thinkers, including western and nonwestern.
Effective through June 30, 2006