Students may begin this 12-credit certificate in the fall, spring or summer terms. The required courses and suggested enrollment sequence are as follows:
|LACS 6095||Seminar in Women's & Gender Studies||3|
|LACS 6115||Feminist Theory||3|
|Two electives (3 cr. each) in topics in women’s and gender studies such as:||6|
|Gender Race & Nation|
|Modern Gender & Sexuality Through Science Fiction Literature|
|Diagnosing Desire: Gender & Medicine in US History|
|Women & Humor|
|American Women Writers|
|British Women Writers|
|Global Feminist Movements|
|Race and Gender in US History since the Civil War|
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Understand Women's and Gender Studies as a discipline over time.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Feminist Theory, past and present.
- Examine gender and sexuality as social constructs/objects in cultural analysis.
- Awareness of issues of diversity of race, ethnicity, class, and gender.
- Apply theory to practice, and engage in social action.