Empire State University's Online Library is staffed by librarians who provide the following educational services:
- 24/7 reference help via live chat, email, and online form at Ask a Librarian, or by phone at 800-847-3000, ext. 2222;
- live, online, library skills workshops; and
- support for accessing materials from other libraries—in-person through our SUNY Open Access program, or via interlibrary loan.
The SUNY Empire librarians have also created and curated the following resources:
- 1.5 million+ digital works of art and photography
- 250,000+ ebooks
- Full-text journals and newspapers to support programs and courses at SUNY Empire
- Tens of Thousands of streaming films and documentaries
- Many guides focused on course assignments, research help, subjects or majors, and other topics such as citation or how to find academic journals
- 75+ search tools encompassing millions of full-text articles, reports, and other research materials
- hundreds of online tutorials and FAQs to guide self-starters through the research process and the library’s many resources
Normal office hours are:
Immediate assistance is available Sunday-Thursday, typically until 7:00 p.m.
Live chat is always available through our partnership with the AskUs 24/7 consortium of academic librarians.
For additional resources specific to graduate study, please visit the Library's Graduate Resources webpage.